To begin with Google Classroom you must first activate your QC G Suite account. This tutorial will guide you in activating your Google Classroom Account. Activating your QC CUNY Account can be found at https://bit.ly/3aHahcN.
Activating Google Classroom
- Go to http://gdrive.qc.cuny.edu. This will take you to a sign-in page that looks like this:
- Enter your CAMS account credentials (e.g., jdoe). It’s the same credentials you use to access the campus wifi or campus lab computers.
- Open another browser tab and enter https://classroom.google.com/ into the address bar.
- You will be asked to pick your role: Student or Teacher. Choose Teacher. If you choose Student you will not be able to create a Classroom in the QC G Suite environment.
- After you have signed in to your account you will be directed to your Google Classroom homepage. (Your screen might not be populated with classes if you have not created nor joined any class)
- Congratulations! You have activated your Google Classroom Account.