How to ask for Blackboard help
If you are faculty and
you need help with one of these issues, contact OIT
- Courses not showing up
- Adding users to a course
- Course Migration
- Archiving & restoring archives
- Browser issues
- Login Issues
- Student Access issues
- Copying Assignments between courses
OIT help desk
Dining Hall 150
you want to learn about one of these features, contact CTL
- Tests, quizzes, surveys
- Discussion board, wiki, blog
- Grade center
- Adding content in general
- Creating Announcements and emails
- Adding Video
- Setting up and working with Bb Collaborate
- Grading strategies
- How to use Discussion Boards, blogs and wikis effectively
- Setting up virtual office hours
- Blackboard tips for Teaching online
- Tracking student performance
Center for Teaching & Learning
If you are a student
Contact the OIT Help Desk:
Dining Hall 150
Blackboard Faculty FAQs
I can’t see my Blackboard courses!
1) CUNYFirst does not list you as an instructor for the course sections in question. You can check this yourself in CUNYFirst. If you are not listed as instructor, you can ask whoever it is in your department who handles course setup to add you as an instructor. This will then update in BlackBoard within 24 hours.
2) The missing sections do not exist in CUNYFirst (again, verifiable in CUNYFirst). The process of asking your department to submit the course creation to the registrar/CUNYFirst applies.
3) There is a Blackboard issue that is causing the other sections to not show. So, if your course is listed in CUNYFirst AND you are listed as the instructor, contact Ken Lord (firstname.lastname@example.org), and he can investigate the issue for you.
In the future, if a course doesn’t show up in Blackboard, you can follow this 3 step process to determine where the problem is.
My students can’t see my Blackboard courses!