The Center for Teaching & Learning is offering a ten-week hybrid course focusing on the development and implementation of hybrid courses (courses that blend online and face-to-face instruction) and fully online courses. Faculty from all academic disciplines are invited to apply, by completing this form: https://goo.gl/TiiDFP
Please apply no later than Monday, January 9, 2017.
(Selected participants will be notified by Friday, January 13.)
No experience teaching online is necessary, but space is limited so we will give priority to participants who will teach at least one hybrid or online course in fall 2017.
The ten-week course will orient participants to online pedagogies, through both face-to-face and online synchronous and asynchronous work. In this course, faculty participants will:
- develop expertise with the necessary tools to create an effective syllabus specially designed for an online learning environment,
- create and set up online activities that engage students in the learning process,
- design effective online learning modules that will achieve outstanding student learning outcomes.
The class will include three face-face sessions (February 3; March 10; April 7) and three synchronous online sessions (February 17; March 3, 31). The remainder of the sessions will consist of asynchronous online individual and group work. A more detailed syllabus will be available mid-January.
Course participants will:
- have access to sustained technological support and pedagogical advice from the Center for Teaching & Learning;
- develop or evolve a course that will promote successful learning outcomes and provide a positive online or hybrid learning experience for students;
- get to learn some of the latest Internet-based tools used in teaching online;
- meet and exchange ideas with faculty from other departments; and
- receive a copy of the book, Minds Online, by Michelle Miller
- receive a stipend of $800.00 ($400 to be paid in January and $400 to be paid in June after the completion of the course and confirmation of online or hybrid teaching assignments for fall 2017)
For more information on teaching online: http://ctl.qc.cuny.edu/teach/online/