The Center for Teaching & Learning is offering a set of self-paced Blackboard basic exercises created for those who are transitioning from Google Classroom to Blackboard as a learning management system. Although designed for faculty moving from Google to Blackboard, these exercises are appropriate for anyone who would like to learn the basics of Blackboard.
These exercises will guide faculty to customize Blackboard course interface, post classroom materials, create and monitor assignments, quizzes, groups, and discussion forums online, teach online synchronous sessions, and hold online Q&A sessions with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Here is the list of current exercises:
- Exercise 1 – Preparing Blackboard course interface
- Exercise 2 – Developing online content
- Exercise 3 – Creating discussion forums and getting familiar with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Exercise 4 – Designing assignments and quizzes
- Exercise 5 – Setting up student groups and Grade Center
These exercises are provided for your reference. They will not be graded and therefore will not qualify you for a certificate or a stipend.
For a certificate course, please register by August 2 for the Best Practices for Teaching Online Workshop, July 12-August 20, 2021 at https://keepteaching.qc.cuny.edu/workshops/best-practices-for-teaching-online.
To self-enroll (click on the images to see them at full size):
- Go to the CTL Self-paced Blackboard Basics.
- Enter your CUNY username and password.
- Click the “Log in” button.
- Click on “Click here to enroll” to start enrolling.
- Click on “Enroll” in the left-hand panel.
- Finally, click on “Submit” at the lower right to complete your enrollment.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.