Queens College is committed to providing a global education for our students, to “infuse our academic programs with a global perspective” and “prepare students to become leading citizens of our global society” (2015-2020 Strategic Plan).
Please join Helen Gaudette, Director of Global Education Initiatives at Queens College, for a discussion on Globalizing the Curriculum at Queens College. We will hear from faculty who are currently teaching courses with global content and intercultural and international perspectives, that utilize sources which explore global issues specific to their disciplines.
Topics for the discussion will include goals, best practices, and benefits to students:
- Defining QC’s Global Learning goals
- Globalizing the courses you already teach
- Building QC’s list of World Cultures and Global Issues courses (WCGI) for the Flexible Core
- Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)
- Leveraging the diversity in your classroom
- The new Global Studies Minor
Date: Thursday, May 12
Time: 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Location: President’s Conference Room #2, Rosenthal Library
Light refreshments will be provided.