Step 1: Activate your CAMS and Qmail accounts.
Before attempting to join a Queens College Google Classroom, students must have active CAMS and Qmail (student email) accounts. You cannot join a Queens College Google Classroom with a Gmail account.
If you don’t have a CAMS or Qmail account,
- Go to https://cams.qc.cuny.edu/ and activate your CAMS account. This will generate your Qmail account.
- Activate your Qmail account by logging in at https://login.microsoftonline.com/. For instructions, visit https://www.qc.cuny.edu/Computing/Pages/AccountsAndAccess.aspx.
- Get the Classroom Code from your instructor.
- Wait three business days before proceeding to the steps below.
Step 2: Log in to Google Classroom
- Go to https://classroom.google.com
- Click on the “Go to Google Classroom” button.
- On the Google sign-in page, enter your firstname.lastameXX@QMAIL.cuny.edu (where XX are the last two digits of your EMPLID).
- On the QC login page, enter your CAMS short name (ex: jdoe100, NOT Jane.Doe21) and CAMS password.
- If this is the first time joining a Classroom, you will be asked to pick your role: Student or Teacher. Choose Student.
- On the upper right-hand side, there will be a “+” sign. Click on it and a drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Join Class”
- Enter your classroom code and click on the blue “Join” button.
- If you see the “That code isn’t valid” message, make sure you entered the correct code and that you are in your QC G Suite account, not your personal Gmail account.