updated June 18, 2019
Queens College has updated its Lynda.qc.cuny.edu account as LinkedIn Learning.
You may have received an email, asking you to choose either to connect your lynda.qc.cuny.edu account with your personal LinkedIn account or leave LinkedIn Learning as your standalone account. Following the link provided in your email, you have to choose either way to log onto the new LinkedIn Learning platform.
Below is a step-by-step description of transferring your lynda.qc.cuny.edu account to LinkedIn Learning account.
- Login at http://lynda.qc.cuny.edu using your Queens College credentials (username “jdoe” for faculty and staff, “jdoe101” for students).
- Choose one of two options:
Login and connect with your personal LinkedIn account
- Choose “Connect with your personal LinkedIn account” option on the screen;
- You will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn account username and password;
- Your lynda.qc.cuny.edu account will be connected to your personal LinkedIn account and your previous saved playlists in lynda.qc.cuny.edu will be transferred to LinkedIn Learning account in LinkedIn;
Each time you would like to access your LinkedIn Learning account, you will have to first log in at https://www.linkedin.com/ and click the Learning icon on the top right corner to get to LinkedIn Learning or you may sign in directly at https://www.linkedin.com/learning/login;
- LinkedIn Learning will recommend videos based on your LinkedIn personal profile.
Login without connecting your personal LinkedIn account
- Choose “Enter your current or desired job title” option.
- You will get to the LinkedIn Learning front page
- You may still log into LinkedIn Learning via http://lynda.qc.cuny.edu with your Queens College credentials.
- LinkedIn Learning will recommend videos based on your video job title and viewing history.
There are significant differences between LinkedIn Learning and Lynda.com:
Playlists have been replaced by Collections. LinkedIn Learning does not provide the function of sharing collections. Alternatively, you may create a collection of videos for one subject on LinkedIn Learning, and create a Google Doc where you may insert individual video links, then share this Google Doc with your students. Students can click the links on your Google Doc to watch the individual videos in your collection. Here is a Google Doc example.
There is no longer a button to share an individual video but you can copy the url in the address bar or share via Facebook or Twitter. Users who have connected their LinkedIn Learning and LinkedIn accounts will be see an embed code.