The Center for Teaching and Learning invites you to participate in a professional development opportunity for instructors scheduled to teach Math 115 and Math 122 this fall (2016). In this one-day orientation, scheduled for August 26 (10am to 4pm), faculty will get a chance to discuss helpful practices for teaching these courses.
Participants will receive $200 (paid out as non-teaching adjunct salary for summer 2016).
Please RSVP by completing the form at https://goo.gl/Ys9P3M.
Date: August 26, 2016
Location: President’s Conference Room 2, Rosenthal Library, Fifth Floor
We will cover
- Syllabus/syllabi explained in detail (course objectives)
- Pacing: What are some administrative/pedagogical practices that may help the instructor to use time in the classroom efficiently.
- The goal to prepare students for a Departmental final
- Ultimately, preparing students for subsequent courses– How each objective will be helpful in precalculus/calculus.
- The importance of homework and feedback
- Use of technology and how it may be helpful for students
- Effective teaching practices