New faculty and students: Your QC CAMS account must be activated in order for you to claim your QC Google Apps account.
If you don’t have one, go to https://cams.qc.cuny.edu/ to activate it.
Wait three business days before proceeding to the steps described below.
To claim your Google Apps account (be sure to read the terms and conditions):
- Click on either of the following links. (Do not go to Google.com to create a new account.)
They will take you to the QC login page:
- Faculty: Sign in with your faculty or staff email (e.g., jdoe). Students: Use your QC Username (e.g., jdoe101). Don’t have your QC Username? Go to https://cams.qc.cuny.edu/.
- After claiming your account, the following page will explain the additional services. Click on “I accept” to proceed to your account.
If you previously created a Google account associated with your QC email (let’s call this your “personal account”), you will be be presented with these options when you sign in:
- Change to an account with a Gmail address (jdoe[at]gmail.com)
- Change to an account with a different email address (jdoe[at]earthlink.net)
- Sign in with a temporary username provided by Google (jdoe%qc.cuny.edu[at]gtempaccount.com)
If you choose the last option, your personal account is automatically renamed to the temporary name that Google provides.
You will continue to have access to data in your personal account.
Once your account is activated, you can log in at this page to access all of the Queens College G Suite for Education: https://google.com/a/qc.cuny.edu/
To request a departmental account, submit this form to the OIT Help Desk in Dining Hall 151.
For additional instructions on how to work with G Suite for Education, visit CTL’s Google FAQ page (//ctl.qc.cuny.edu/google-apps-at-qc/) or check out Google’s page on Common Questions on G Suite for Education (https://support.google.com/a/answer/139019?hl=en).