You created a Google site with your personal Google account. Now you want to use it for your Queens College course work or departmental site. It’s easy to transfer the site to a QC Google Apps for Education account. Here’s how:
Invite your (or your department’s*) QC Google Apps account.
- Click “Share” on the home page of the original site (let’s call it Site A). Under “Invite people,” enter the name or email of the new owner and select “Is owner.”
- In a different browser, log into Site A with the new owner’s QC Google Apps account. Click on the gear button and click “Manage site.”
- Scroll down and click “Copy this Site.”
Follow the prompts to create a Google Site in the QC Google Apps for Education environment.
Now redirect users to the new site (let’s call it Site B).
- On the Home page of Site A, click the pencil icon to edit; click “Insert”; click “More gadgets”.
- Search for the gadget called “URL Redirector Modified”.
- Insert the gadget.
- Enter the url of Site B.
- Set the timeout speed (zero is recommended).
*To request a departmental account, submit this form to the OIT Help Desk in Dining Hall 151.